Be FSMA-Ready with SafetyChain’s SafetyChain for Food.
With the FDA’s first use of the Food Safety Modernization Act’s registration suspension authority – along with the recent announcement of some of the key, long-awaited FSMA regulations – the time for FSMA preparation and readiness is NOW. SafetyChain's SafetyChain for Food is your single technology source solution for all current and expected FSMA compliance challenges.
Current and, we expect, soon to be announced FSMA regulations are calling for:
- Prevention and corrective actions starting at the farm – and continuing all the way to the fork
- Mandated HACCP-like food prevention plans
- Foreign supplier verification program
- Accreditation standards for 3rd-party certification bodies – transparency
- Tighter regulations for sanitary transportation
- Enhanced tracking/record keeping requirements
- Enhanced food borne illness surveillance systems
- Continued focus on regulatory/non-regulatory pathogen intervention
- Payment for FDA regulatory services such as recall investigation & management and facility deficiency re-inspections
- Import/export documentation and significantly tighter regulations
- Enhanced focus on technology as enabler
- FDA Access to GFSI, other 3rd Party Audits; random unannounced
With new FSMA regulations bring new challenges. For example, you may be thinking,
“How Can I ...”
- Collect and analyze safety data in realtime at every point in my supply chain including in the field/on the farm?
- Manage hazard analysis in realtime?
- Create control programs and realtime records for inbound/outbound/internal ingredients, raw materials, in-process product and finished products?
- Get realtime notification from all food supply chain points when non-compliant results detected?
- Take immediate and documented corrective actions on insanitary conditions and failed tests?
- Prevent non-compliant shipments from going out – CCP violations, for example?
- Be FDA-audit ready every day without interrupting day-to-day business?
How SafetyChain for Food Can Help You Be FSMA Ready – Fast – and Cost-Effectively?
SafetyChain for Food is a highly flexible, scalable and secure Food Safety and Quality Assurance solution – designed to be deployed quickly with hard-dollar Return on Investment – and with the industry’s most comprehensive set of FSMA compliance features. With SafetyChain for Food, FSMA compliance can actually save you money with features such as the ability to:
- Gather test results electronically – in realtime – in the farm or field (via mobile forms, digital photos and more), on the production floor, and from suppliers, labs, testing equipment and more
- Have all results immediately analyzed to specifications with data accessible remotely or from a central console
- When deviations are detected, automatic alerts are sent to all key stakeholders for immediate corrective action – for ex., insanitary conditions, improper refrigeration
- Prevent shipments testing positive for pathogens, foreign materials, etc.
- Automate COA review for safety/quality attribute compliance (domestic, imported) before arrival at manufacturing facility – promotes immediate shipping
- Create a realtime, automated, central repository of unalterable time/date stamped data to help you be FDA and customer audit-ready “on-demand”
Learn More About How to Be Ready for FSMA:
Attend an Upcoming Webinar:
On Supplier Compliance, Audit Readiness, FSMA updates and more
Read our Position Papers:
On how Safety Chain Management solutions can help you be survive the compliance storm and more
Follow us on LinkedIn:
Be kept up to date on new informative topics, briefings and more.