Be FSMA-Ready with SafetyChain’s SafetyChain for Food
Current and, we expect, soon to be announced FSMA regulations are calling for:
- Prevention and corrective actions starting at the farm – and continuing all the way to the fork
- Mandated HACCP-like food prevention plans
- Foreign supplier verification program
- Accreditation standards for 3rd-party certification bodies – transparency
- Tighter regulations for sanitary transportation
- Enhanced tracking/record keeping requirements
- Enhanced food borne illness surveillance systems
- Continued focus on regulatory/non-regulatory pathogen intervention
- Payment for FDA regulatory services such as recall investigation & management and facility deficiency re-inspections
- Import/export documentation and significantly tighter regulations
- Enhanced focus on technology as enabler
- FDA Access to GFSI, other 3rd Party Audits; random unannounced
With new FSMA regulations bring new challenges. For example, you may be thinking,
“How Can I ...”
- Collect and analyze safety data in realtime at every point in my supply chain including in the field/on the farm?
- Manage hazard analysis in realtime?
- Create control programs and realtime records for inbound/outbound/internal ingredients, raw materials, in-process product and finished products?
- Get realtime notification from all food supply chain points when non-compliant results detected?
- Take immediate and documented corrective actions on insanitary conditions and failed tests?
- Prevent non-compliant shipments from going out – CCP violations, for example?
- Be FDA-audit ready every day without interrupting day-to-day business?
How SafetyChain for Food Can Help You Be FSMA Ready – Fast – and Cost-Effectively
SafetyChain for Food is a highly flexible, scalable and secure Food Safety and Quality Assurance solution – designed to be deployed quickly with hard-dollar Return on Investment – and with the industry’s most comprehensive set of FSMA compliance features. With SafetyChain for Food, FSMA compliance can actually save you money with features such as the ability to:
- Gather test results electronically – in realtime – in the farm or field (via mobile forms, digital photos and more), on the production floor, and from suppliers, labs, testing equipment and more
- Have all results immediately analyzed to specifications with data accessible remotely or from a central console
- When deviations are detected, automatic alerts are sent to all key stakeholders for immediate corrective action – for ex., insanitary conditions, improper refrigeration
- Prevent shipments testing positive for pathogens, foreign materials, etc.
- Automate COA review for safety/quality attribute compliance (domestic, imported) before arrival at manufacturing facility – promotes immediate shipping
- Create a realtime, automated, central repository of unalterable time/date stamped data to help you be FDA and customer audit-ready “on-demand”
Learn More About How to Be Ready for FSMA:
Attend an Upcoming Webinar:
On Supplier Compliance, Audit Readiness, FSMA updates and more
Read our Position Papers:
On how Safety Chain Management solutions can help you be survive the compliance storm and more
Follow us on LinkedIn:
Be kept up to date on new informative topics, briefings and more.