Software PLC Engineer
SafetyChain is the leading innovator in food safety and quality management solutions. We look forward to expanding our team as we continue to grow our value and solution offerings in the marketplace.
SafetyChain delivers high-powered information and decision-making tools for the food and beverage industry. We are looking to build out our team with high quality, high energy, high output engineers, you have the right skills and background and want to be part of a growing company, read on.
As part of our value in providing our customers the critical visibility and real-time analysis of food safety and quality data, our solution pulls data from manufacturing and related equipment; processes data relative to requirements in real-time, and provides key information and decision capabilities to help better manage risks, control costs and ensure compliance.
We are looking to build out our team with a software engineer who has specific experience working with manufacturing controls/PLC’s to help us move forward.
• Ability to understand and analyze project requirements and translate into specifications and programming deliverables
• Lead a team of onsite or offshore software engineers to implement new requirements and enhance our applications
• Work with senior management to enhance existing applications and build additional applications as we grow
• Enhance our configuration tool to have it usable by our customers and product partners
• Assist with designing and implementing enhanced BI capabilities across our product suite
• Work with others on the engineering team and conform to our SDLC
• Strong analytical and problem solving capabilities
• Must be able to understand and analyze project requirements and translate into specifications
• Ability to adjust to changing priorities in a start-up environment
• Desire to be a key player on a growing team that is building innovative products for the manufacturing industry
• Ability to execute and deliver to tight guidelines and schedules
Skills and Experience
• Strong overall programming experience building web-based and large scale systems required
• 5+ years of experience using applications with Microsoft .NET Framework v4.0 or v3.5 with a strong history of using C#, ADO.net, VB.Net, Ajax, XML Programming
• 5+ years of experience creating Windows Services in a multi-threaded environment required
• Strong experience creating/managing multi-threaded applications in Windows environment required
• 5 to 7 years experience in PLC programming a must
• Expert level hands on Programming experience with Allen Bradley PLC like ControlLogix, PLC5, SLC500, Modicon 140 CPU, Siemens S7 etc
• 5-7 years experience with RSLogix5000, RSLogix5, Modicon/Siemens IDEs.
• 5-7 years of hands on experience with different interfacing protocols like IP, CIP, DH+, Modbus, Profibus, RS232, RS485, etc.
• Expert level experience working with OPC Client server architecture, COM/DCOM technologies and their security issues
• 5+ years development experience in different versions of OPC Client/Server using both C++ and .net code and interfacing with existing OPC servers.
• Experience working with OPC databases is must
• Previous experience writing web services using Windows Communication Foundation (WCF) and/or SOAP or REST technologies a plus
• Strong leadership skills and great communication skills to help the team develop and implement the right solution for our customer needs.
• Always advancing knowledge base in new technologies and be able to apply them in our environment
• Experience building applications and programs with Microsoft SQL Server or other relational databases; 2-3 years of experience in MS SQL 2005/2008/2012 is required
• Ability to write Stored Procedures, write SQL queries, and ability to analyze the SQL data is required
• Previous start-up experience required
• Experience with cloud-based and SaaS products a plus
• Experience in the food manufacturing industry a plus
• Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering; Masters Degree a plus
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates please send a resume and cover letter to [email protected] and indicate “Software PLC Engineer” in the subject line.
Equal Opportunity Employer: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law applicable to the state in which you work.